- SuperFlow® 350 RegulatorThis all metal, fully adjustable, Commercial Rated™ demand regulator provides easy breathing and excellent performance with low pressure compressors.
- Air TrainThe air train diffuses incoming breathing air/gas onto the face port/lens to defog and ventilate.
- Defogging Steady Flow ValveProvides an additional flow of gas into the helmet for ventilation and defogging.
- Emergency (EGS) ValveSupplies backup breathing gas to the diver.
- Fiberglass and Carbon Fiber Reinforced Shell.Kirby Morgan® has over 50 years experience in composite laminations. The helmet shell is hand laid up glass fiber reinforced thermal setting polyester (fiberglass) with carbon fiber reinforcement at key points for added durability. It is light and highly impact resistant, and provides a heat/cold barrier as well as being an excellent electrical nonconductor.
- Gas Supply Non-Return ValveCommercial Rated™, It prevents loss of gas pressure in the event of umbilical damage.
- Nose Block DeviceAllows the diver to block the nose to equalize ears.
- Rapid Change Modular Communications SystemsBecause the module is easily removed the helmet, repair or replacement of communications parts is quick and trouble free. It is available with either a male waterproof connector or a bare wire post connection.
- Side & Top WeightsBrings unsurpassed balance to the helmet while providing for accessory mounting areas.
- Side BlockMulti use side block has additional ports built in to provide controlled air flow, if needed.
- Silicone Oral Nasal MaskMade of a superior silicone material which is hypo-allergenic and has a longer work life than latex.
- Whisker WingsBubble deflecting Whisker wings keep bubbles further from face port and ears, improving visibility and decreasing internal noise.
KM 37 - 32.6 pounds
Fiberglass, polyester resin, polyester gel coat, and carbon fibers
Scratch Resistant Polycarbonate
Neoprene. Optional latex neck dam available
Nylon bag filled with #4 Polyester foam
All helmets and masks are lubricated at the factory with Christo-Lube®. Kirby Morgan recommends Christo-Lube® or Tribolube® for all gas train components. Dow Corning® 111 Silicone or equivalent may be used for helmet and mask components that are used with gas mixtures containing less than 50% oxygen.
The SuperFlow® 350 regulator on the Kirby Morgan® 37 offers high performance. The regulator has been tested at Dive Lab at Panama City, Florida. It meets all current U.S. Navy and European diving standards.
The cage code for identifying KMDSI products for U.S. government purposes is 58366.
These helmets meet or exceed all standards established by Dive Lab of Panama City, Florida, and are CR (Commercially Rated) marked.
The minimum operating temperature recommended for this helmet is 34 °F (1 °C), without the use of the water shroud P/N 525-100 and hot water.
Without a hot water shroud, the diver may be subject to hypothermia due to cold gas inspiration temperatures.
NOTE: Usually the greatest danger of demand regulator icing will be encountered on deck when the surrounding air temperature is less than 32 °F (0 °C). This effect is primarily due to the refrigeration effect of breathing air pressure reduction, and the addition of moisture from the diver’s exhalation coming in contact with the topside air temperature.