- SuperFlow® 350 RegulatorThis all metal, fully adjustable, Commercial Rated™ demand regulator provides easy breathing and excellent performance with low pressure compressors.
- Air TrainThe air train diffuses incoming breathing air/gas onto the face port/lens to defog and ventilate.
- Auxiliary PortThe auxiliary port will allow for future add-ons and modifications to the stainless steel helmets. It is located on the port side of the shell as shown below.
- Defogging Steady Flow ValveProvides an additional flow of gas into the helmet for ventilation and defogging.
- Emergency (EGS) ValveEmergency (EGS) Valve supplies backup breathing gas to the diver. This valve is an integral, built in part of the stainless steel sideblock.
- Gas Supply Non-Return ValveCommercial Rated™, It prevents loss of gas pressure in the event of umbilical damage.
- HandleRemovable Grip and handle. Handle can be removed without breaking seals, making it quick and easy to attach accessories.
- Nose BlockNose Block Device allows the diver to block the nose to equalize ears.
- Rapid Change Modular Communications SystemsBecause the module is easily removed the helmet, repair or replacement of communications parts is quick and trouble free. It is available with either a male waterproof connector or a bare wire post connection.
- Silicone Oral Nasal MaskMade of a superior silicone material which is hypo-allergenic and has a longer work life than latex.
- Stainless Steel ShellEach 316 stainless steel shell is precision CNC machined to tight tolerances, to ensure proper fit to all other mating parts. The shell is durable and easy to maintain. Easily cleaned using a Scotch Brite® or similar type cleaning pad.
- Stainless Steel Side BlockMulti use side block has additional ports built in to provide controlled air flow, if needed. The stainless steel sideblock has a built in EGS.
- Whisker WingsBubble deflecting Whisker wings keep bubbles further from face port and ears, improving visibility and decreasing internal noise.
KM 37SS - 30.96 pounds
Scratch Resistant Polycarbonate
Neoprene. Optional latex neck dam available
Nylon bag filled with #4 Polyester foam
All helmets and masks are lubricated at the factory with Christo-Lube®. Kirby Morgan recommends Christo-Lube® or Tribolube® for all gas train components. Dow Corning® 111 Silicone or equivalent may be used for helmet and mask components that are used with gas mixtures containing less than 50% oxygen.
The SuperFlow® 350 regulator on the Kirby Morgan® 37SS offers high performance. The regulator has been tested at Dive Lab at Panama City, Florida. It meets all current U.S. Navy and European diving standards.
The cage code for identifying KMDSI products for U.S. government purposes is 58366.
These helmets meet or exceed all standards established by Dive Lab of Panama City, Florida, and are CR (Commercially Rated) marked.
The minimum operating temperature recommended for this helmet is 34 °F (1 °C). At the time of this writing, no hot water shroud is available for this helmet for heating the diver’s breathing gas.
NOTE: Usually the greatest danger of demand regulator icing will be encountered on deck when the surrounding air temperature is less than 32 °F (0 °C). This effect is primarily due to the refrigeration effect of breathing air pressure reduction, and the addition of moisture from the diver’s exhalation coming in contact with the topside air temperature